Lutronic Lase MD Ultra Aftercare Instructions
Conveniently Located to Serve Bergen County and all of North Jersey
- Patients may experience burning sensation for 1-2 hours immediately after the treatment. Cooling with an ice pack can provide relief to the treated area. Make sure to enclose the ice pack in sterile and dry gauze to prevent water from penetrating the tissue in the treated area.
- Keep the treatment area moisturized. After the first day, gently wash and pat the skin gently dry for two days. Do not scrub the treated area. Moisturize daily. Usually, any crust will separate naturally within 5-7 days after the treatment.
- Please do not use cosmetics which contain active ingredients such as Retinol or AHA after treatment without prior permission from the doctor.
- Avoid exercising for the first week post-treatment or until initial healing has occurred. Increased redness may result from any activity that increases blood flow or body temperature (e.g. alcohol consumption, exercise, and sauna).
- Avoid using cosmetics containing alcohol for at least 1 week after treatment.
- For at least 20 days after treatment, apply UV A/8 sunblock daily with SPF of at least 30. Use an umbrella, hat or any other available protection against sunlight while spending time outdoors.
- Please contact your doctor with any questions or concerns.