Sculptra Aftercare Instructions
Conveniently Located to Serve Rutherford, Verona, Bergen and Essex Counties
- Do NOT take aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aleve, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
- DO consider taking over the counter Amica supplements (available at The Derm Institute, most supplement stores, Whole Foods, etc) starting 3-5 days before your treatment as they have been shown to decrease bruising.
- DO inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
- The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
- DO massage the treated areas 5 times a day for about 5 minutes for 5 days after treatment.
- DO hold ice packs on the treated areas gently for about 3-5 minutes a few times that day.
- Feel free to wear makeup a few hours after.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
- Do NOT get a facial or massage for 2 weeks after your filler procedure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
- If bruising occurs, continue Amica supplements, DO apply topical Amica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup. i.e. Dermablend (CVS or Macy’s} or Colorescience Corrective Palette.
- A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal, over time, Sculptra will replace lost collagen.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results may not be seen until 3 sessions have been completed.
- Results can last more than two years.