Botox Aftercare Instructions
Conveniently Located to serve Rutherford, Verona, Bergen and Essex Counties
Botox aftercare is an important part of Botox treatment. It helps patients to achieve safe and effective results after their Botox injection. It allows the patients to get the best results out of their Botox treatment while minimizing potential risks. Geria Dermatology provides thorough information regarding Botox aftercare in New Jersey to ensure ideal results.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a minimally invasive non-surgical injectable product approved by the FDA. It provides rejuvenation effects for the skin. In addition, it eases, eliminates, and prevents fine lines and wrinkles. Botox is usually injected in various facial areas, treating issues like:
- Crow’s feet
- Vertical frown lines
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles
- Neck bands
- Chin wrinkles
- Bunny lines
- Smoker’s lines
Botox is injected into targeted treatment areas in tiny amounts depending on the treatment plan. Topical or local anesthesia may be used to make the patient comfortable all throughout the treatment, especially for sensitive skin and patients with lower pain tolerance.
After Your Botox Treatment
We will provide extensive aftercare instructions to avoid complications ensure optimal results. The patient can go back to regular activities right after treatment without any need for recovery time or downtime. It will take seven to ten days for full results to show.
Follow-up treatments and maintenance will also be scheduled according to the treatment plan. Results usually can last up to four months. Some patients may enjoy results within three to six months.
Aftercare instructions will include activities the patient will need to perform within the first few days or weeks after Botox treatment:
- Using a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Performing facial exercises by frowning, squinting, smiling, and raising eyebrows for 30 seconds
- Sleeping on one’s back
Aftercare instructions will also include activities the patient should avoid to prevent complications. These activities can prevent the patient from getting their desired results:
- Applying makeup within 12 hours
- Taking blood-thinning medications
- Cooking over a hot stove
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Leaning forward
- Lying on one’s front within 6 hours after treatment
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Rubbing or massaging the treated areas within 24 hours after treatment
- Showering or staying in saunas
- Performing strenuous physical activities for the first 24 hours
- Wearing tight-fitting headwear
When to Contact Us After Treatment
Although Botox treatment is very safe and effective, there are instances where a patient experiences certain complications after the Botox treatment. These complications may occur within the first week or the following weeks. The patient must contact us if they experience the following after the Botox procedure:
- Blurry or double vision
- Difficulty in breathing, speaking, or swallowing
- Dysphonia (change or loss of voice, hoarseness)
- General muscle weakness or loss of muscle strength
- Facial numbness or paralysis
- Reduced bladder control
- Severe indigestion
- Signs of allergic reactions such as itching, rash, or wheezing
Contact Us to Learn More
If you want to learn more about Botox aftercare in New Jersey, visit us at Geria Dermatology. We are skilled and experienced in providing high-quality Botox treatment, and we are also knowledgeable in providing Botox aftercare instruction and support. Contact us today to set up an appointment!